The City of Todd Mission is located in the extreme southeastern part of Grimes Co. It was established as a station on the International Great Northern Railroad in 1900 and named for an official of the railroad. Mr.Todd constructed a lumber mill in the vicinity of Mill Creek and a spur on which to haul logs from the yard at the rail line to mill. The first homes built in Todd Mission were those built for the families of the workers at his mill. E.L. Dyer also established a lumber mill in the area and donated the materials used to build the communities first one room schoolhouse. By 1910 the town had three lumber mills, a general store, and an estimated population of 100. In 1919 a new two room schoolhouse was erected, and a congregation of the church of the Latter Day Saints began to hold services in the building. The school became the Todd mission building, a Latter Day Saints project. The last meeting was held in November 1957.
In 1974 the Texas Renaissance Festival opened in Todd Mission.
The City of Todd Mission was Incorporated in July of 1982.
Copyright 2015 CITY OF TODD MISSION. All rights reserved.